Sorry I haven’t posted in a while it’s just school takes up so much of my life. Also, I have a lot of personal things going on at the moment, this leads to what I’m posting now.
Pressure, stress and confusion; how do I deal with these things? I feel as though I am the person to ask.
Firstly, I am different from other people. I have about 4 true friends who are boys, but on the other hand I have loads of girls (who are just friends) of whom I spend all my time with. I have a YouTube account (Harri Hamer is the name by the way – check it out if you’d like), People get bullied; I get bullied for all reasons above.
Secondly, see it as a good thing. For me: I have guts to stand out and start a YouTube account. I hang out with girls; I once made the mistake of losing three really close friends who were girls because of bullying – I do have a bond with them but it’s not as strong anymore.
Next, you will always have bullies, pressure, stress and confusion in life. You wake up in the morning and look through your bag thinking ‘oh my gosh have I got this?, have I got that?’ That’s confusion. Also another thing ‘oh my gosh, this coat is so old. It’s got ripped’ that’s pressure to get a new coat and stress. And one last one ‘oh my gosh I’m talking to girls and the popular kids are looking at me and sniggering’ bullying – that’s the bit I get.
So for you guys I’ve come up with an idea. 5 things on how to deal with all of the above.
1. No matter what never give up to bullying – easier said than done I know. I’ve been there I’ve done that. As I said before I lost three really brilliant friends because of this. People bully because their insecure in themselves or because their jealous; choose your answer and move on.
2. Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd – I have bought fashionable clothes. I have tried to act cool, but you know what none of that even matters. If everybody in this world was the same then live’d be boring. It only matters what you think of yourself. If your not happy with yourself your the only person to be able to anything about it.
3. Stress is hard but your not alone – the fact is whatever your going through, the person sat next to you in maths for one hour is also going through the same thing. Everybody gets stressed. You will always have stress and pressure. Talk to your friends, family, teachers etc. Get it out of your system. Which leads me on to my next point.
4. Never bottle anything up. Ever – talk. I know this isn’t always the easiest thing but you have got to do it. No matter who you talk to it’ll work. The fact is most people will have been through similar things; you might get more out of it than you think.
5. Confusion – you will always have confusion. It’s nothing really bad but sometimes if your confused about something it can lead to pressure and stress and so on. My Pops recently went into hospital – he was diagnosed with Cancer (thankfully he’s actually doing really well and he’s able to do thing again – if your reading this Pops ‘I love you xxx’
I hope that what has helped me in the passed had helped you now. Obviously everyone is different but people can learn and take from each other – so try and take my advice and all the above on board.